|Status:||The Auction Is Now Over|
|Bidding Opens:||Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:00 AM|
|Bidding Closes:||Wed Apr 13, 2016 08:00 PM|
|Currency:||CAD (Canadian Dollars)|
Questions regarding this auction or the items in the auction? Log in with your account to contact the auction's administrator.
— ADVERTISEMENT —
Welcome To The Auction!
All of the proceeds of this auction will benefit artist and community activist Dalannah Gail Bowen, to support her financial, physical and emotional recovery from two recent strokes. Dalannah Gail Bowen is a much-loved and acclaimed singer/songwriter, delighting and inspiring audiences throughout the Vancouver Lower Mainland for over thirty years. A devoted community activist, particularly on the Downtown East Side, Dalannah works tirelessly as a performer, producer and organizer for local charities.
In her early career, Dalannah played with bands opening for The Guess Who, Led Zeppelin, Taj Mahal and BB King. As a solo artist, Dalannah has performed at various festivals including the Vancouver International Jazz Festival and the Vancouver Folk Festival. Dalannah’s CD "Them Menz" made the Top 10 Most Played Blues Albums for Stingray Music's The Blues channel (Canada), but it is her latest work “Been Around Awhile” recorded with a simple rhythm of bass tracks by Owen Verber that has been receiving outstanding reviews around the globe and hepled put her in the Blues Hall of Fame last year.
Paul Hovan of Quest Records, spoke about Dalannah’s health setback, “This is the saddest part ...just when we were seeing a glorious sunshiny day on the horizon for her along comes the rain cloud of uncertainty.”
Shortly after the 30th Annual Blues For Christmas Benefit in Vancouver December 2015, organizer and performer Dalannah Gail Bowen was hospitalized with a stroke; and experienced a second stroke this February. Her mobility and speech has been heavily affected and rehabilitation will be costly Dalannah will be without her income from performing at private venues and festivals and unable to do her work at BC Hospital/Women with HIV/AIDS Talking Circles for an extended period of time. Members of the Vancouver Music Community are putting on this auction to support Dalannah Gail Bowen, a woman who has given so much to so many.
In addition to the auction, we are hosting a concert Dalannah BOWEN BLUES BENEFIT on April 5th, 2016 at the Fairview Pub in Vancouver and accepting online cash donations. We are extremely gratefult to the musicians, producers, printers, and graphic designers who have donated their time and to the Fairvew Pub for donating the venue.
Any auction inquiries can be directed to [email protected]
Online Donations can be made at: www.dalannahgailbowen.com/Donate.html
Winning Bidder Payment Information
Winning bidders will be contacted at the end of the auction to make arrangements for payment and pickup/delivery of their items.
Payment Types Accepted:
- Cash (In person only please)
- Online payment via PayPal (A Paypal account is not required)
Cash payments can be made at:
Directly to Jayleen Stonehouse contact at [email protected]
Winning Bidder Item Pickup/Delivery:
- Winning Bidders can pick their items up in person from Jayleen Stonehouse
- Certificates can be mailed or emailed after payment received
- Shipping of tangible items may require an additional fee. Contact the Auction Administrator For Details
General Auction Information
- The time on this server will be used to determine the start and end times of the auction. This time may be off from your local time. Refer to the approximate time in the right hand side of this page.
- When the auction closes, all bidders will receive an e-mail regarding the status of the items they have bid on.
- The highest bid placed on an item, by auction close, is the winner. There can only be one winner per auction item. The auction administrator (group hosting the auction) agrees to sell the item to the highest bidder.
- You must register an account in order to place bids. Click Register on the upper right hand side of this page in the login area. Once you have registered, a confirmation/activation will be emailed to you. You must click on the link in the email message to complete the registration process. If you haven't received your confirmation email, please check your "junk mail" or "spam" folder as it may have gone there. You can also re-request the confirmation email. The link for resending the activation code can be found in the login area.
NOTE: eFlea provides a service that facilitates silent auctions for charities & groups/fundraisers. The items up for bids in this auction are listed by the group raising the funds. eFlea is not responsible for the accuracy of the item listings. Please verify item details with the auction administrator(s) prior to placing any bid(s). While eFlea tries to verify the auction administrator(s) and charity/group, we cannot guarantee their validity. Please be cautious and participate only in auctions where you are familiar with the groups and/or administrators.
— ADVERTISEMENT —